Friday, December 2, 2011

Hugs


Don't they feel the best? A good heart-to-heart hug is priceless indeed (not sure this one pictured turned out to be a melting heart-to-hearter. It being a mega busy swarming Punjabi wedding and all).

 It's a rare breed of hug though; not easily obtainable. Then you meet someone that hugs you just right and warmth and energy radiates onto you, and you onto them. Yummmm... my best friend gives hugs like that, a tumultuous ex-boyfriend, my sister.


Of course they can be contextual, timely; a delightful surprise!  You hug a potential love interest and smile at the fact that that hug felt so good.You make a new friend and you hug for the first time and think wow- this person gives good hugs!  Or you hug a student cause she's feeling happy and gee whiz, that kid gave the best hug! Or you hug a student because he is feeling hurt, and again, boom!

My Great Dane Lola (Lola Girl Kubrick was her full name, ahem!) would stretch her long grey front paws at me and nuzzle her sweet face into my neck. I felt that love, man. Did I ever. And my insane cat Miles (good old Milesy). He would curl his soft black paws at my neck and purr, with a dreamy/angry expression in his big greens eyes. Miss that little fucker.

Have you had a satisfying hug today? I haven't, actually!
I'll rub my feet instead.
I really need to get a pet.

Thank god I'm a primary school teacher. Hugs aplenty.

No comments: